We all once possessed completely white teeth (milk teeth) when we were kids but the whiteness faded away as we aged. This is because of thinning of enamel with age also due to fact that teeth takes up the color of liquids we take like cola, tea, beverages. Everyone wants to have white teeth in order to have confident smile on their faces. As professional techniques are too expensive, here are some of the home remedies which you can use to whiten your teeth. It takes more time than the scaling process,of course,but you will get results if you practice them on regular basis.
- Brush Your Teeth After Each Meal. By brushing your teeth, you get rid of the dirt and food particles which stains your teeth. This helps in teeth whitening, and also prevents staining of the teeth due to dirt and food stains which get stuck especially around the corners of the teeth.his teeth whitening at home method goes a long way in ensuring that your teeth are left off free of dirt. If you cannot brush your teeth just rinse your mouth thoroughly with water.
- Toothpaste with active teeth whitening formula. Toothpastes consist of hydrogen peroxide which is a major ingredient in the toothpaste that helps to brighten the teeth. Gradual discoloration can be prevented by brushing your teeth with this toothpaste.
- Use a teeth whitening mixture. You can make this mixture at home. Mix two teaspoons of baking soda with three teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide. Consistency of the mixture should make with toothpaste. Apply the mixture on your teeth using tooth brush and leave it for 5 minutes. Then wash of the mixture using teeth whitening toothpaste or rinse your moth with plain water. Do this once a week to have better results. Avoid swallowing the mixture; if you do swallow accidently, drink plenty of water.
- Mix lemon juice with little salt to make a mixture. Apply it on your brush and then brush your teeth with it. Then rinse your mouth with water. You can also use lemon mixture with baking soda ans brush your teeth with this mixture.
- Chewing gum also helps in cleaning your teeth. When you chew gum, your mouth secretes saliva which helps to dissolve the particles that were remaining in your mouth. The saliva that secretes from the mouth can help mix up with the dirt in other to clear them away.
- Foods that are high in cellulose–a strong starchlike compound found in celery, carrots, and apples–act as natural abrasives, cleansing teeth and removing surface stains naturally,”
- Quit smoking and use of tobacco in any form.
- Tea and colas are the major cause of tooth stain ,so always rinse your mouth after taking these beverages.
If you are seeking professional advice and treatment, you can head over to www.thedentalclinic.com for more clinical information about teeth whitening.